Health & safety
Our contractors and suppliers agree that health and safety is our overriding focus. Together we have developed a vision for safety in the workplace.
Our shared vision:
– We are united in our commitment to leading the industry in an injury-free, safe and enjoyable work environment
– We have a culture based on honesty where everyone looks out for themselves and for others
– This culture is achieved through shared leadership, training, teamwork and a positive attitude
– We finish each day and complete our career injury free
We have a simple philosophy and goal with respect to safety in our business – everyone should be able to come to work and go home each day without suffering an injury.
How do we work to achieve this?
– By genuinely caring about the wellbeing of everyone within the business. This is the foundation of everything we do.
– By believing that this goal is achievable and being passionate about moving towards it.
– By understanding that it will take time, and that we will never give up.
– By engaging everyone in the business so that we are all responsible and accountable for our own safety and our colleagues’ safety.
– By creating an open and honest culture where we share our mistakes so we can learn from them.
– By upskilling ourselves in the theoretical and practical application of safety leadership.
– By managing safety in a strategic, tactical and operational manner.
– By measuring our performance so we can see where we are making progress and where we aren’t.
Read more here about NML’s Health and Safety Manager Les Bak and his work.